Using HHMI BioInteractive Animations to Promote Student Engagement and Learning
To accommodate educators' schedules, this workshop will be offered twice. Workshop content will be the same at both sessions.
- Session 1: Wednesday, June 2, 4:00–5:00 PM EDT
- Session 2: Friday, June 4, 1:00–2:00PM EDT
The session will highlight best practices in using animations to present complex concepts related to the biology of SARS-CoV-2, photosynthesis, and respiration. Participants will interact with sense-making tools derived from the literature on using animations effectively. Participants will share their ideas for ways they use animations.
This workshop is for undergraduate life science instructors, including those at 2-year and 4-year institutions.
- The workshop will be hosted via Zoom meeting.
- Our workshops actively engage participants and often feature small group work in breakout rooms to build community, foster discussion, and model classroom practice.
- Workshop attendees will receive a certificate of participation and access to the free BioInteractive resources modeled in the workshop.
Live transcript will be available in the main Zoom meeting room. If you require live transcription in the breakout rooms, or any other accommodations in order to fully participate in the workshop, please indicate this on the registration form.
Please email [email protected] with any questions.
Other Upcoming Workshops
Join us for this two-part workshop series for teachers of all levels of high school biology!
Join us for a workshop for high school and undergraduate educators!