This asynchronous course is designed to deepen educators' content knowledge in evolution, especially regarding content appropriate for teaching at the high school level. The course consists of three units as follows:
- Unit One focuses on the mechanisms of evolution. It includes how to build an explanation based on evidence for natural selection.
- Unit Two focuses on sources of evidence supporting evolutionary theory, including fossils, anatomy, biochemistry, genetics, and cell biology.
- Unit Three focuses on patterns of evolution, including phylogenies and macroevolution.
Two certificates are provided to document completion of the course:
- The first certificate is received after completing Unit One, which is estimated to require at least five hours.
- The second certificate is received after completing both Units Two and Three, which together are estimated to require at least five hours.
If you have any technical issues using the course, please contact us and include "Professional Learning Course: Evolution" in the subject line.